|St. Cuthbert's Cave, Northumbria. Picture by Mrs Twitface|
Anyway, Academics are hermits.
Academics find peace and time for reflection and contemplation in so many ways:
- Study Leave
- International Conferences
- "Working from home"
- "Sick" leave brought about by stress (typically self-induced)
- Out of Office messages
- "Office Hours"
- Being "very busy and important" - so no time for idle chit chat...
- Being surly (relates only to some academics)
- Saying "It's not in my job description"
- Doing "Research"
Ahhh, the peace and quiet of the truly academic life........